3 pieces of waterproof closed cell foam. Same pads that come with each RailRest that can be custom cut and shaped to your desired height and specific needs.
HOW TO CUSTOM FIT THE PAD INSERTS FOR RAISING THE COMB OF THE STOCK
(This is the standard method in which to place the pads into the pouch)
- Shoulder your firearm and place your cheek on the stock in your natural position without the RailRest.
- Estimate the amount of pads you may need to raise your eye to the center of the scope or rear sight.
- Place pad insert(s) inside pouch and strap the RailRest on to the stock checking for proper height and add or remove pad inserts as required.
- Return the RailRest to the stock in the desired position that will give you the best eye relief. Tighten each strap evenly. Trim excess pad and straps only when ready for final fit inside pouch.
HOW TO CREATE A RECOGNIZABLE SPOT-WELD USING A “SADDLE EFFECT"
(This method will allow your cheek to rest in the “saddle area” during the aiming process)
After determining the number of pad inserts to use, cut a hole in the center of the top pad.
(An egg shape hole about the size of an egg will work fine)
Stuff the foam back into the pouch. Return the RailRest to the stock, in the desired position
that will give you the best eye relief. Shoulder the firearm and check for a good fit.
- Tighten each strap a little at a time, until there is an even amount of pressure on all straps.
HOW TO CREATE A “RIDGE-STOP”
(This method will allow your cheek to come to a “stop” for perfect eye relief on the stock)
- After determining the number of pad inserts to use, cut a small piece of pad and place at the front end of the pouch toward barrel. This will create a small ridge that your cheek will feel and you will know when to stop in the perect spot for eye relief. It does’t take much of a rise for your face to feel a bit of pad at the end.
- Adjust for proper eye relief and then tighten straps as usual.
When more than three pads are necessary to fit very high scope mounts, you can tier the foam so that the top piece closest to your cheek is the largest. Cut the remaining pads in the same shape by trimming down the edges alowing you to stuff as many pads as possible.
Some rails are so thin you may need to help the RailRest by providing a bit more surface area to work with. Please call us toll free for more information regarding how we can help solve this issue if necessary.