3 pieces of waterproof closed cell foam. Same pads that come with each CheekRest that can be custom cut and shaped to your desired height and specific needs.
HOW TO CUSTOM FIT PAD INSERTS FOR RAISING THE COMB OF THE STOCK
(This is the standard method in which to place the pads into the pouch).
1. Shoulder your firearm and place your cheek on the stock in your natural position.
2. Estimate amount of foam you may need to raise your eye to the center of the scope or rear sight.
3. Place pad insert(s) inside pouch and strap the CheekRest on to the stock.
4. Check for proper height and add or remove pad inserts as required.
5. Trim excess foam and straps only when necessary when ready for final fit inside pouch.
For best results, begin tightening the CheekRest from the front, then the back and finally the middle strap.
Tighten each strap a little at a time, until there is an even amount of pressure on all straps..
HOW TO CREATE A RECOGNIZABLE SPOT-WELD USING A “SADDLE EFFECT”
(This method will allow your cheek to rest in the “saddle area” during the aiming process).
1. After determining the number of pad inserts to use, cut a hole in the center of the top pad.
Start with a small hole before making your final cut.
2. Stuff the foam back into the pouch. Return the CheekRest to the stock, in the desired position.
Shoulder the firearm and check for a good fit.
3. Tighten each strap a little at a time, until there is an even amount of pressure on all straps.
HOW TO CREATE A “RIDGE-STOP”
(This method will allow your cheek to come to a “stop” on the stock during the aiming process.)
- After determining the number of pad inserts to use, stuff a piece of foam at the front end of the pouch (toward barrel) to create a small ridge to stop your cheek from sliding forward.
When excessive amounts of foam are necessary to fit very high scope mounts, tier the foam so that the top piece closest to your cheek is the largest. Cut the remaining pads in the same shape by trimming down the edges allowing you to stuff as many pads as necessary.